Wednesday 26 July 2023

Diana Had Left For Work Early,

after the usual start to my day,


I had a few things to do in town, but first I should say I am only making one post today, and as soon as I have posted it I will be off to visit Duncan,

first stop the railway station, I wanted to buy next months tickets to visit Duncan,

over the newly completed railway passenger bridge,

and good news, the ticket office was open,

at the rear of which there was a aquarium, and space next to it for a larger one to be put there in the near future,

the one there at the moment stocked with goldfish, tickets purchased,

and I was on my way past the green,

and church to the card shop, 

there were a couple of things I wished to purchase there,

onwards to the post office, I had received packaging from BT to return the faulty BT television box, so I dropped it off, next a number 54 bus to Cromwell Road,

alighting at the stop by our favourite Indian restaurant, Kathmandu Masala, 

next to This 'N' That, the antiques shop,

by the florists,

over the road to Kingfisheries, where I dropped off some printing and took a few photographs of some of the fish,

this a wolf fish, (Hoplias aimara),

a couple of golden severum, (Heros severus, previously known as Cichlasoma severum),

a striking six-barred Distichodus, (Distichodus sexfasciatus),

a few unusual double tailed female Siamese fighting fish, (Betta splendens),

many years ago the females did not display much colour, but with inbreeding the females are now quite colourful,

blue dolphin cichlid, (Cyrtocara moorii previously Haplochromis moorii),

a couple of spotted metynnis, (Metynnis maculatus),

a very unusual fish, a dragon goby,(Gobioides broussonnetii),

although not a fish the shop had a few axolotls, (Ambystoma mexicanum), in stock, sometimes albino ones are also available,

then I was on my way home and passing Foxgrove Lodge, 

this nice hanging basket is new,

as are the dahlias that have just started flowering,

the photograph does not do the intensity of the red justice,

a few petunias,

here along with pansies,

and marigolds, arriving home Diana had beaten me there, after a couple of quiz shows we had our evening meal,

 followed by Aussie Gold Hunters, I have to say I would not mind if living in Australia and I was a lot younger grabbing a metal detector and having a bash myself, but there it is, after which it was one from Midsomer Murder, before Diana went to bed, she has another early shift today,

for myself I stayed up for A Fistful of Dollars, the blurb says it all, 'this short cigar belongs to a man with no name, this gun belongs to a man with no name, this poncho belongs to a man with no name, He's going to trigger a whole new style in adventure', after which I was off to bed.


No comments: