Saturday 8 July 2023

In The Morning,

I had a few visitors, 


the glazers called round, taking measurements of two of our windows that had cracks in them,

when I say cracks both in the corners of the windows, one just 3" 

the other barely an inch, both of which were here when I bought the place in the early 1980s, but evidently as part of the brief both pieces of glass have to be replaced, also one of the frames needed replacing as from the outside it was in poor condition, after they left I was on the telephone to EE my telephone provider, the service over the past 5 months since I signed with them has been terrible, with the line not clear at all, so eventually after me making notes of the times of bad calls they agreed there is no service in the area, supposedly the biggest provider in the UK and on their own admission they can not provide a service 9 miles away from the centre of London! so next week off to Bromley to find a new telephone service provider, by now Diana had returned home from work,

so tonight after a read,

 it was time for our evening meal, and for tonight sausage rolls,

with plenty of onions, 

after which I was out to meet Steve,

in the Moon & Stars in Penge, we chatted the night away, but when we left a bit of a disaster, there was a music festival on at Crystal Palace, meaning that bus after bus did not stop as they were full, public transport at its finest! eventually a 358, a bus I do not normally take arrived half full, Steve and myself said our goodbyes as I took the bus into Beckenham, then a walk to the 54 bus stop eventually arriving home just before midnight, so a quick nightcap before I joined Diana, as I was off to bed.


No comments: