Thursday 6 July 2023

As Soon As I Posted The Blog,

I was out to visit Duncan,


although bright,

it was decidedly chilly,

I was soon on the number 54 bus hurtling past Peter Pans Pool,

and passing Lewisham market,

in Blackheath Village the florists next to the station had already opened,

a nice display of potted plants,

new for this week, dwarf sunflowers,

there are rolling strikes on the railways this week, good job I buy my tickets in advance!

in more good news the 09.31 had not been cancelled,

I made my way to the end of the platform, 

arriving in Gravesend the bus drew up to the stand just as I walked up to it, the bus was early, so I did not have time to take a photograph of the sky over the station, I was soon walking up the hill to the nursing home,

I arrived at the nursing home where Duncan stays, but he was not his usual self, he kept nodding off to sleep and rambling in his speech, I left as his lunch arrived, I was going to ask if his medication had changed, but all of the staff were busy serving lunch, hopefully he will improve in the next few days,

outside the weather looked ominous, it started to rain, luckily I had my umbrella with me, after 20 minutes of waiting it was obvious, the bus I normally catch had been cancelled, so another half hour waiting for the next one,

then more bad news at the station, I guess the strikers had decided to cancel the 14.04, so a wait for the 14.34,

luckily it was running, so have the rail strikers now got my sympathy? well here is what they now earn, I have no idea of what percentage they want to return to work,

thankfully the number 54 buses were still running! as I passed the tower still being worked on at the unfinished building,

the sunflowers opposite Lewisham hospital still looking nice, 

hopefully the bee gardens on top of some of the bus shelters will have appreciated the rain,

I stayed on the bus as it passed Foxgrove Lodge,

and the green,

alighting at Sainsbury's, I wanted to pick up some of Duncan's favourite biscuits, Garibaldis, when we were in Marks & Spencer's they did not have any,

I hurried home with the shopping, the clouds gathering for more rain,

what with the cancelled train and bus, plus shopping as soon as I arrived home it was time for my evening read and sherry,

for tonight a Indian curry, I remembered to use a big plate!

eyes down and tuck in, after which as it happened Diana arrived home from work, so a coffee and a chat, next it was feet up for,

 Kingdom of HeavenI made this comment when we watched it before, 'it is the time of the Crusades during the Middle Ages - the world shaping 200-year collision between Europe and the East, a blacksmith named Balian has lost his family and nearly his faith, the religious wars raging in the far-off Holy Land seem remote to him, yet he is pulled into that immense drama, a great epic film, we had watched it before and I know I will watch it again, one of the great lines in the film,

Balian of Ibelin, 'what is Jerusalem worth?'
Saladin, 'nothing, everything,'

 if you have not watched it you have a treat in store for you, after which it was a Midsomer Murder before we were off to bed.


No comments: