Sunday 9 July 2023

I Woke Up With A Sore Throat,

so a summer cold it is, 


after my usual routine I was out into a overcast day,

I had planned on picking up some shopping and my prescription in town, and the afternoon in the garden as yesterday was so nice, 

as I waited for the bus Frank passed on the other side of the road,

arriving in town the florist had a nice display, 

these hydrangeas, 

and giant daisies looking very colourful,

into Boots the chemist to pick up my prescription,

all done, opposite the hanging baskets on the front of the pub looking nice,

into Lidl to pick up a few bits and pieces,

the hydrangeas not looking as nice as the ones in the florists, 

but still a nice display of roses,

and cut flowers, 

as soon as I went outside at Lidl it started to rain, so much for my afternoon in the garden! arriving home Diana was at work, so a read and a sherry, 'Cheers!',

sushi for starters,

all set to tuck in,

for my evening meal a huge plate of Chinese, 

another 'Cheers!', but with white wine, the last time and today when I went to Lidl they did not have red wine in stock, so chilled white it was then,

for my early evening film De vijanden, (The Enemies), released in 1968 and made in black and white, a gripping movie, an American soldier travels Belgium accompanied by a young Belgian during the Ardennes offensive to get back to his unit, on the way they take a German prisoner, the film traces their steps, being made in B & W really gives a dramatic look to the film, making it all the more in keeping with the time frame in which the film was set,

after which I watched Johnny English Strikes Again, having seen the previous two Johnny English movies I knew what to expect, and I was not disappointed so funny in places, the sight gags superb, after which Diana arrived home from work, so a Midsomer Murder it was before we were off to bed.


No comments: