Saturday 29 July 2023

We Had A Quiet Morning,

in the early afternoon Diana left for work,


so I accompanied her to the bus stop, 

I alighted at the war memorial,

and walked to the shop to pick up some forms that needed printing,

and then continued walking towards Elmers End,

a right and then a left, and here I was,

at the grounds of the Beckenham Rugby Football Club, not for the sport, 

but for the beer festival, I was meeting Steve and a few of his friends there,

it was a 3 day festival of real ales, beers, ciders and stouts put on by Bromley CAMRA (Campaign For Real Ale),

I made my way along the beer tent,

to the entrance, 

inside beers as far as the eye could see,

in both directions,

I decided on a Southeys Penge Pride, 

followed by a Imperial Stout by Brew by Numbers of London, which packed a bit of a punch at 11% ABV (alcohol by volume),

which over the course of the afternoon I followed with a couple of Sessions lagers by Braybrooke, I had planned to eat at the festival, but I decided I would eat at the Moon & Stars, 

on the way out I had a chat with two of the unsung heroes of the event, all of the staff worked so hard to make it a pleasant day for all concerned,

looking back both inside and outside the place was packed with real ale connoisseurs,

I walked back to Elmers End where just one bus took me to,

the Moon & Stars, 

for scampi and chips along with a bottle of bubbly, after which I made a move for home where shortly afterwards Diana returned home, so a Midsomer Murder and a spiced rum nightcap it was, before we were off to bed.


No comments: