Tuesday 18 July 2023

After Diana Left For Work,

I had a few minor things to do in the flat,


a clean of the aquarium, followed by taking down the Happy Birthday banner, I had been putting it off as it meant balancing on the step ladder, next on my list, clean the table of candle wax, more than a few drops had missed the coaster the candle holder was on, the flowers, now dead on the succulents and orchids, needed cutting back, not planned but I was up and down stairs as parcels were delivered, for a couple of our neighbours and then three for us, all delivered at different times! I have to say I was impressed with the ink for the printer, ordered on Saturday and here Monday morning, and that was standard service, after my evening meal and a few quiz shows it was feet up for BattleBots, great fun at the expense of hundreds of hours of work designing and building one of these machines, only to see your opponent destroy it in under 3 minutes! I followed that with a Endeavour, then a real treat, a programme about dinosaurs that I have to say was the most informative I have ever watched, 

Dinosaurs: The Final Day, narrated by master wordsmith Sir David Attenborough, the program looks at the final moments of the age of dinosaurs, and with many techniques tracing the end of their reign, literally a countdown to how events of that fateful day overtook them, if you have even a slight interest in dinosaurs this is the programme for you! towards the end of the programme Diana arrive home and was as captivated as I was, even by now it was late we followed that with, 

Attenborough and the Sea Dragon, again a fascinating programme, Sir David investigates the discovery of a 200 million year old Ichthyosaur on the Jurassic Coast in southern England, and not just any old Ichthyosaur, this was a totally new specie, a great look into the world of fossil hunting in the Jurassic Coast, by now it was late, so for us we were off to bed.


No comments: