Sunday 9 July 2023

Any List Of 'Best' Films,

is going to have it detractors, 


and I guess this list is no different, the funniest 73 movies from 1953 until last year, one a year, happily I have watched many of them, but I have to say I question including The Graduate and above Fargo in the category of comedy, but there it is, for the full list with supporting clips, have a look at Mental Floss with their list here, for myself here is one that should have been included,

 1941, this is what I wrote the last time we watched it, 'a seriously underrated movie in my opinion 1941 was such a funny and in many respects true movie, we had watched it before, I just love this film, though it was a bit of a flop in the US, 1941 puts together a number of things that happened in the US in 1941 and as it happens also in 1942/3, Japanese submarines off the coast, anti aircraft guns put in peoples front yards, San Francisco blacked out for 6 hours due to an air raid with thousands of rounds fired into the sky at nothing, not to mention the Zoot Suits riots, to name just a few true happenings that feature in this big budget Steven Spielberg movie,' but alas it did not make the list.


No comments: