Tuesday 25 July 2023

It Was Diana's Day Off,

and also the day that the shop changed over from Daisy,


our old telephone supplier to BT, the new one, and this morning the shop received this from BT:

'Your cloud voice portal is live, you can now install the handsets. Please do this as soon as you can.

Please see the following link for the phone user guides: https://btbusiness.custhelp.com/app/categories/guide/a_id/34162/view/43978/c/5415/'

so Graham did, and guess what, we now longer had the same telephone number the shop has had for over 60 years! despite me repeatedly saying we must not lose that number, so I was on the telephone to BT ASAP eventually it was my turn in the queue, after going through the problem I was transferred to another technician, that I had to repeat the problem to, I should mention that entailed giving all of the works and ID numbers that the shop was given in the last week of January to make the swap over, also I was sent a SIM code to make sure I was who I was, the upshot, plug the old phone back on and do not do anything until we (BT) sort everything out and we will call back on the 27th. so that was that, but a morning wasted on the telephone, in the afternoon we were out, it was a tad drizzly so waterproofs on,

after catching a number 54 bus we arrived here, the cinema in Beckenham, Diana had tried booking the better one in Bromley, but consistently their web site was down, 

due to the opening of Barbie the foyer was decked out in pink, but that was not what we had come to watch,

so time to buy a few snacks, 

before we went upstairs,

and settled in, 

Diana choose nachos with a selection of three dips, for myself a packet of Butterkist popcorn, and what were we going to see?

Oppenheimer, we both thoroughly enjoyed the film, as it happens he was a subject for study for one term at school, I remember his quote so well, "Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds", below is him being interviewed where he mentions the quote,

according to Oppenheimer’s telling in that 1965 NBC News documentary, goes as follows:

“We knew the world would not be the same. A few people laughed; a few people cried. Most people were silent. I remembered the line from the Hindu scripture, the Bhagavad Gita; Vishnu is trying to persuade the prince that he should do his duty, and to impress him, takes on his multiarmed form and says, ‘Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds.’ I suppose we all thought that, one way or another.” 

 what a great although at 3 hours long movie, but it has to be said so well made and executed, after watching that we were hungry,

so into the kebab shop on the bridge, 

arriving home a mixed kebab and salad, delicious, after which now we had the BT box back, a Endeavour followed by a Midsomer Murder before we were off to bed.


No comments: