Wednesday 19 July 2023

I Left Before Diana,

I had a couple of things to do in Penge,


I should mention that I am only making one post today, as soon as I have posted this I will be off to visit Duncan, back to Tuesday, a dull start to the day,

with lots of grey clouds, 

onto the number 54 bus and past the green, then a change in Beckenham and on to a 227 to Penge,

where I stopped at the Sainsburys/Argos stop, it was time to exchange our CO2 cylinder, also whilst here I picked up some milk and other shopping, 

I caught a 227 back to Beckenham, so a walk through the green,

the tree in the central display looking well,

as were the hanging baskets,

the wall at the front of The Pearl restaurant now replaced with a glass screen,

passing Foxgrove Lodge I noticed a few lilies flowering,

although the leaves were a tad insect damaged, the flower looked so nice, it is just a pity their stamen make such a mess of anything they touch,

not a great improvement in the weather as I walked back home,

after breakfast as Diana was not starting work until the late afternoon we watched a couple of documentaries, photograph IMDB Dinosaurs Myths and Monsters, which in the background of the photograph and in the programme featured for a small segment about the dinosaurs at Crystal Palace, which we visited in March this year,

screen shot BBC which we followed with Secrets of the Jurassic Dinosaurs, in which Liz Bonnin joined an international team of palaeontologists in the remote Badlands of Wyoming as they investigate a mysterious dinosaur graveyard, so many remains in one place, amazing! after which Diana left for work,

photograph IMDB for myself after my evening meal I decided on Berlin 1945, a poignant collection of home made films made by ordinary Berliners at the time, and the aftermath of the events of that year, I followed that with a Endeavour, after which by a happy coincidence Diana arrived home from work, so feet up for a Have I Got More News For You, before we were off to bed.


No comments: