Monday 31 July 2023

Diana Was On Early Shift,

although it was Sunday, 

due to staff shortages Diana was asked to come in, so as it was late afternoon before she returned we decided rather than have our Sunday lunch at home, we would treat ourselves to a meal out, so waterproofs on,

for the walk into town, Diana had reserved a table at My Place

as it happens we need not have booked, we virtually had the place to ourselves,

table found and drinks ordered,

a Pimm's for Diana, a bottle of white for myself,

'Cheers!', with Diana's Pimm's,

and myself, 

I had to try Diana's Pimm's, and nice it was too,

we kept to the 3 course £21.59 Sunday lunch menu, for starters Diana ordered arancini with cheese and chorizo, 
 
for myself B-B-Q spare ribs,

after a suitable break Diana's chicken arrived,

as did my roast pork, both with a nice selection of vegetables, broccoli, swede, parsnips, carrots and potatoes, and a huge Yorkshire pudding, 

for dessert a huge cheesecake for Diana,

a mixed berry crumble with ice cream for myself, we decided against having a coffee here, nice though everything was,

so we stopped off at O'Neill's, on our way back,

I ordered at the bar,

a coffee for Diana and a larger and lime for myself, 'Cheers!', rainwear back on and we walked home, where it was feet up for 2 Columbo's back to back, after a snack as by now it was late we watched a Midsomer Murder before we were off to bed.


No comments: