Sunday 2 April 2017

We Are Surrounded By A World Of Colour,

but I find these black and white watercolours so pleasing,


they are by Indonesia-based artist Elicia Edijanto,

she depicts loving relationships between wildlife and children set against atmospheric backdrops painted in black watercolour,

 “My subject are often children and animal because they are honest, sincere, unprejudiced and unpretentious,” shares Edijanto, “They give me so much inspiration for [a] particular mood or atmosphere, such as tranquillity, solemnity, and also wilderness and freedom, which I put on my paintings.” 

I have shown a number of recent paintings from the last couple of years or so, 

some of which are available as prints and originals via her website, 

You can follow her works in progress on Instagram, and no I am not on commission, I just think it is amazing the amount of detail that a simple black and white water colour can convey, the picture above for me is just so stunning.


No comments: