Tuesday 10 January 2023

As It Was Diana's Day Off,

we decided to pop into Bromley,


it was a nice day so not too many layers of warm clothes,

some cloud in the sky, but no rain clouds,

on the way to the 227 stop we called into the station and picked up tickets for my visits to Duncan for the next month, thankfully the ticket office was open so I bought tickets into February, the lady in the ticket office had a look at her schedule and said there were no strikes planed for this month, so far, next to the bus stop,

and into Bromley,

the Christmas tree still up,

and the across street decorations, 

Diana went window shopping, I went to exchange our CO2 cylinder for our soda water machine,

back in the square, no queues for Primark today,

next stop, W. H. Smith, the stationers, whilst in the shop Graham asked me to print up some more gift vouchers, so I had to pick up some card to print them, 

a couple of weeks ago I started the car, just to keep the battery charged, but the keypad did not work, it needed the battery replaced in it, a small 2032 battery which we luckily had as our bathroom scales uses them, so I popped in to a telephone shop to buy some, but decided against it when I was told they were £5.09 each!, 

so into Robert Dyas, a pack of 4 for £9.95, and I was on my way,

looking towards South Bromley all of the Christmas rides had disappeared, I called Diana and we meet up for a coffee, but everyone else shopping had the same idea! not a table at all of the coffee shops in the area, so we decided that Diana would continue window shopping and I would make a move for home,

I caught a 354 back to Foxgrove Road and decided to take the short cut through the cricket club grounds,

the sign for the tennis section already changed to 2023,

by now it had become a tad over cast, I made my way home where Diana soon arrived, so feet up for tea and biscuits, 

in the late afternoon we watched The Fabulous Journey to the Centre of the Earth, AKA Where Time Began, I had never seen this version of the story which was made in Spain, so some of the film was dubbed, but it had all of the usual ingredients, prehistoric monsters, giant mushrooms and a giant gorilla, I have now read that the film was never released in UK cinemas, which might explain why I have only now seen it, but a quite good romp through middle earth, 

after a couple of quiz shows and our evening meal it was time for Hot Fuzz, a real comedy with so many well known actors in the film, which we followed with a Lewis and a Have I Got More News For You, before we were off to bed.


No comments: