Saturday 7 January 2023

I Accompanied Diana On Her Way To Work,

as I had a couple of things to do in the bank,


Diana was on late shift today,

not warm or cold,

it was just another winters day,

like many people Diana has a program on her telephone that tells her when buses will appear, and here we are just arrived at the stop, and there is our bus in the distance, magic,

in the town Diana continued to work, I went to the bank opposite the cinema,

then to Lidl for a few bits and pieces,

a nice display of cut flowers at the entrance,

on the way to the bus stop I noticed these colourful markings on the pavement,

it looks like some major works,

will be taking place at the junction,

of Foxgrove Road,

Southend Road,

and The Park,

also by the smaller gate house opposite Foxgrove Lodge,

as we walking to the bus stop I also did not stop here as our bus was due, 

the tree having some fungi growing out of the trunk,

in the evening it was time for a read and a sherry,

Diana had bought some franks, so hot dogs it was!

yummy!

after my evening meal I was out and walking past the green, the skating rink long gone but the tree still here,

I did not have to wait long by the restaurant for the 227 to Penge,

I was meeting Steve in the Southey Brewery, a little way along Southey Street,

some late night work was taking place,

at the end of the street some customers were outside braving the night chill,

the menu for the evening, as usual I started at the top and worked my way down,

there was a selection of light and dark beers and lagers,

this evening James was here looking after us, late in the evening we said our farewells and made a move for our homes, for Diana and myself it was one from New ticks before we were off to bed.


No comments: