Monday 16 January 2023

I Have Not Made A Post about Motorcycles For Some Time,

and here is the style of motorcycle I like so much,


photographs by Alex Martino, the company that built this beauty is Kott Motorcycles

and used a 1971 Triumph Daytona as the donor bike, to make this superb 1960s style café racer,

for the builder of the calibre of Dustin Kott, taking on a classic British bike came with some trepidation, “As much as I love vintage Triumphs I’ve had hesitation taking one on for a number of reasons. Firstly I just didn’t know enough about them coming from a primarily Japanese motorcycle background. The Whitworth hardware system is a science in and of itself,” Dustin explains,

“Due to the lack of immediate access to the oil tank I decided to countersink an analogue oil pressure gauge for rider feedback as I’d also replaced the original oil pump during the rebuild.” Now the brilliant black could be flowed over the bike, with copper highlights on the headlight ring and mounts, and custom tank strap to really bringing it all to life,

in case you are wondering where the oil tank is "I employed a very rare Yamaha Virago fuel tank which has a cavernous tunnel” Dustin tell comments, and he had a very good reason for using it, that big tunnel has allowed him to expertly hide a custom-made oil tank on the backbone to feed the dry sumped engine, this allows for the minimalist look Kott is known for, and all of that negative space allows the classic parallel twin to really shine in the spotlight,

and I just love the detail in the TLS (twin leading shoe) front brake, would I like this bike? you bet! unfortunately no mention of price, but with this quality of craftsmanship it will not be cheap!


No comments: