Thursday 26 January 2023

As Soon As I Posted The Blog,

I was out and on my way to visit Duncan,


in the distance just a hint of an early morning haze,

by now I realised I had forgotten my gloves,

the bus was quite crowded, no seat at the front to take photographs,

at Peter Pan's Pool, 

the trees were reflected in the ice,

most of the birds had moved to somewhere else,

Lewisham market busy being set up,

I was a tad early, the florist still setting up their stalls,

at the station, great news about the train, the 09.31 going to Gravesend, no 20 minute wait at Dartford changing trains,

grey skies over Blackheath as I waited for the train,

more good news at Gravesend, only a 11 minute wait for the 483 to the nursing home,

the weather had not improved in Gravesend,

or at the hill to the home,

I made my way to visit Duncan, who was in fine sprits, we chatted about how last week we had bought so many carrots to feed the deer at Knole, and then found out that feeding the deer was not allowed! also we reminisced about some of our times in Bangkok, way back in the early 1980s, and of some of the places that we visited and wondered if they were still there now, I will not name them to protect the guilty!

after saying our goodbyes I was on my way,

and in a bit of good fortune found the train was again going to Blackheath, so no changing trains in Dartmouth, it appears I was the only passenger in the carriages that I could see,

arriving at Blackheath there was my bus, a dash across the road when the pedestrian lights had changed, and I was just in time to watch it pull away up the hill,

 
so a wait opposite the florists for the next one,

I decided to sit downstairs for a change, as last week nothing was happening regarding the opening of Taco Bell,

the entrance to the building that never seems to be finished has a entry bell so perhaps it is now in use?

although there is still road works in Catford, at least the buses do not have to go round the one way system, the bus lane now open,

I was soon walking past Foxgrove Lodge,

and on my way home,

past the snail mail box, I had made record time on both trips to and from the nursing home, and I had beaten Diana home, I made a cup of coffee put the heating on and just as I was about to sit down Diana arrived home, the bad news is that she has 3 weeks of early shifts almost every day, I guess due to staff shortages, after a coffee and a chat Diana had a rest, whilst I watched a few quiz shows, then it was time for our evening meal, Diana decided as it was Chinese New Year last weekend we should have a Chinese night,

first a sherry and a read,

followed by crispy duck pan cakes,

which were delicious, 

next Diana had made a stir-fry dish, chicken and lots of red and green peppers, 

'Cheers!', we listened to music for some time before watching a couple of Lewis back to back before we were off to bed.


No comments: