Monday 23 January 2023

They Look Like Strange Paintings,

but they have much more humble beginnings,


photographs Marite Desaine/Instagram, these are all the work of Latvian artist Marite Desaine

who uses the humble ball point pen as her preferred medium, we have feature ball point work by artists before, but these are so different from the others which are mostly hyperealistic, 

Desaine stated that each piece takes around 30 hours to complete, as it happens these were penned several years ago, it could be that she no longer wished to spend so much time on her art, but has commented, “So long time ago I was a ballpoint pen artist, but over these years I’ve been struggling to keep focus while drawing,” the young artist wrote. “Since I’ve been streaming on Twitch for a few weeks, I’ve found it to be just the right amount of distraction and I’m planning to draw with pens again. I think"

looking at her work I hope she decides to continue her ballpoint drawings, Desaine also goes by the name snowmarite and her website can be seen here.


No comments: