Thursday 12 January 2023

As Soon As I Posted The Blog,

I was out,


into a nice day,

just slight wispy clouds in the sky,

but it was still cold enough to steam up the windows in the bus, 

that took forever to go through Catford, 

arriving in Blackheath in the florist next to the station, 

the first of this years daffodils for sale,

with lots of spring flowering indoor bulbs on offer,

I arrived late at the station, the 09.33 already well gone, the next three trains all terminating at Dartford, no sign of the train that stopped all the way to Gravesend as it did a couple of weeks ago, the good news was that as I arrived at Dartford the Gravesend train was just a couple of minuets away, as I went over the footbridge to platform 4 the train was pulling in as I neared the last few steps,

also on the good news front only a 8 minute wait for the 483, 

over Gravesend clear blue skies,

the same walking up the hill to the nursing home,

the silver birch trees now devoid of leaves, Duncan was in fine sprits, we chatted away about some of our travels together, Singapore, Stavanger, Aberdeen and of course Thailand, between us we remembered so many fun times, some of which one of the two of us had forgotten,

great news at Gravesend the next train goes through to Blackheath, no changing trains at Dartford,

I had a look in the cab of this train parked here,

 it soon left and my train came in, I sit at the rear of the train to Blackheath, that way I am near the exit to the road at Blackheath station,

as the last time I used this train, I was the only passenger as far as I could see,

arriving at Blackheath I was soon passing Lewisham market,

and the cause of the delay of this morning going into Catford, road works in the bus only lane,

and it will be the same for the next 10 weeks!

so instead of going straight on, the bus turned left,

and went around the one-way system,

turning left again back onto the main road,

lots of holes in the road,

and this explains this mornings delay, cars being forced to use the bus lane as the usual two lanes are merged into one,

as soon as that bottleneck was passed I was soon at Peter Pans Pool,

the fountain working well, 

off of the bus and passed Foxgrove Lodge,

Rudolph now put away until next Christmas, today now just 346 days away

the trees bare of leaves in the park,

time for a sherry and a read,

followed by a smoked salmon sandwich, after which I watched a Lewis during which Diana arrived home, so feet up for a coffee and a chat as we watched that last part of it, before the second half of Gosford Park that we watched last night, 

we rounded off the evening with The Current Wars, a true life look at the battle to bring the invention of power and lights to the general public, it was a long fought war between Thomas Edison and George Westinghouse as well as the work of Nikola Tesla, the race was to bring America into a brand new era of electric light, it was a great film to watch and thoroughly enjoyable, although it truth I think Tesla could have been given a lot more credit, as the film focuses mainly on the rivalry between Edison and Westinghouse, but there it is, very enjoyable film to watch, after which we were off to bed.


No comments: