Wednesday 11 January 2023

Thankfully,

there is not a railway strike today, and I already have tickets for the train to visit Duncan,


and as I will be visiting him today I am only making one post, and as soon as I post this I will be off to catch the number 54 bus, back to Tuesday, the last two builders wanted access to the roof though my man attic, so I will be in for the day, just before Diana left for a appointment at the hairdressers and then to meet Wilma in Bromley before work, I noticed the first of the builders looking at the house from the garden, by the time Diana left for Bromley he had gone, so although the company requested to go onto the roof apparently they did not need to, I spent the day watching a few documentaries, in the afternoon I received a couple of emails, the first from the second building company, to let me know that they would not need access to the roof, so that was that, the other email was from OVO requesting meter readings for our gas and electric readings, so down to the cellar, in the room where the gas meters were no problem, 

but as I entered the room with the electric meters I could hear a steady drip, drip, drip, about one every second,

 one of the stopcocks was leaking, already there was a pool of water on the floor, so a call to the maintenance company, which took a bit of time as all of their lines busy, the good news, in the late afternoon/early evening a plumber arrived, in no time at all the leak was fixed, after my evening meal I watched a Midsomer Murder, and a Have I Got More News For You, just before it finished Diana arrived home,

so it was feet up for coffee and a chat, although it was late we decided to start watching Gosford Park, which is a great period drama in the style of Downtown Abbey, but with a murder thrown in, we only watched the first hour or so, which was so enthralling, the sets, cast and so far storyline, so good as the characters were reviled, as by now it was already past midnight, we decided to catch second hour of it tomorrow, so for us we were off to bed.


2 comments:

jpo5626 said...

Dear Stanley and Diana
Now that we are in January, curious how your flat’s energy bills are vs last year. I know you were bracing for steep increases and also know there were some restrictive caps placed on residential accommodation rates by local government. Just wondering how this all worked out and what the net effect was? Hope it was far less $$ than expected.
Regards
John and Alley

PattayaStan said...

Dear John and Alley, I could not find how many units we used each month but here is this the latest and last years bill for the same period 2021 and 2022,

15 Nov – 14 Dec 2022
Bill for electricity and gas
£152.82

15 Nov – 14 Dec 2021
Bill for electricity and gas
£128.98

the discrepancy may be because of a warmer/cooler month, but in any event we put up our monthly payments by 25% which at the end of the year should even things out, hopefully! best regards, Stan and Diana.