Wednesday 25 January 2023

By The Time I Had Started My Usual Day,

posted the blog, exercised, showered and had breakfast,


Diana had already left for work, I should say as it is Wednesday I will only be making one post today, as soon as I have posted this I will be on my way to visit Duncan, back to Tuesday, as it happens I had a busy day,

out into a cold grey day,

to the station, due to a rail strike again next week, I had to change my ticket from next Wednesday to Tuesday, Stan and Duncan 0 rail strikers 1, I can not help but notice that with so many people working from home, many people could not care less about the strikers, but there it is, I guess they will continue to disrupt the lives of those that pay their wages,

I walked past the green, now sans Christmas tree,

and past the church, downhill,

to the post office, in a couple of months time I will be 73, at which time I have to renew my driving licence, after the age of 70 this has to be done every 3 years, it was quite painless, I renewed it online, the main crux of the exercise is to see if you have any disabilities since your last licence, or they have gotten worse, for myself I ticked the 'no change' box, I had already informed DVLA (Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency), of my diabetes and the medication I was on, and had a letter confirming that I had informed them, the only thing left to do was cut my old licence in half and return it to the DVLA hence the visit to the post office, I should receive my new licence in 2 weeks,

next stop the chemists, last week I had sent an email to let them know I was running low on medication, so today it was time to pick them up, the great news at my frail old age no charges to pay, although having said that, I like everybody else working pays weekly/monthly into the health service via your National Insurance contributions which are taken before you receive your wages, the contribution also goes into your national state pension, like many others I have been paying since the age of 16, payment stops when you retire,

next over the road to Lidl, my stock of spiced rum was running dangerously low, down to the last bottle, and here comes my bus,

but I had to go into Lidl first, for a couple of rums and some milk,

a nice display of flowers this week,

lots of mini carnations, or as my Nan would call them pinks,

the roses looked nice too,

a wait at the bus stop for the number 54,

which took me to the florists almost opposite the stop, 

I crossed the road to the shop, I had some printing to drop off, I also had a chat with Graham about changing from our telephone line rental company to BT, back onto the number 54,

walking back through the park the day had not changed, in the afternoon BT called asking for some more information, they sent me pages of contacts, the upshot is that hopefully the BT engineer will arrive at the shop on the 7th. February and install the hardware changing us from a analogue line to a new digital one, also I received a call from our old supplier informing us of the change over on the 7th. in the evening Diana arrived home in time for a couple of quiz shows and a Simpsons, followed by a Antiques Road Trip, before a couple on ITVX, 2 from Lewis back to back before we were off to bed.


No comments: