Wednesday 4 January 2023

I Am Guessing Someone In Customer Relations,

will be looking for a new job in the New Year,



the Askern Medical Practice in Doncaster, UK on December 23 meant to send a 'Happy Christmas', message to its patients, but instead allegedly sent the above, a cancer notification to most, if not all of them, the text informed recipients that they had “aggressive lung cancer with metastases” and advised them to fill out a special form for people with terminal diseases, some had actually gone in for various tests recently and were expecting results, so learning that they had an aggressive cancer was terrible, “I had just had a mole removed and was awaiting a result from a biopsy and I had been to hospital as my smear test came back abnormal, so yes, I was very worried,” one woman told the BBC, adding that she “she “felt sick to my teeth and broke down”, adding “It completely took me by surprise… It’s not often I go to the doctors, then out of the blue, it’s cancer. I’m sat there scratching my head thinking, ‘I do smoke, do they know something I don’t?'” another Askern client complained. “They’ve just told people a few days before Christmas they’ve got terminal lung cancer. They can’t do that.” thankfully the nightmare was short-lived, and only about an hour after the first text patients received a second message telling them that the first one had been a mistake, "What if that message was meant for someone, and then they are told it's a Christmas message, then again told, 'oh no, that was actually meant for you'?" Mr Chegwin asked, "If it's one of their admins that's sent out a mass text, I wouldn't be trusting them to empty the bins." the article mentions the group which runs the surgery said nobody was available for comment, the centre has almost 8,000 patients, hopefully when the medical practice sent out 'Happy New Year', someone checked the message first! 



No comments: