Tuesday 3 January 2023

We Had An Unusual Guest In The Garden,

during the day,


a green woodpecker, (Picus viridis),

I wondered what he was doing on the grass,

it apparently likes ants and catches the insects by probing the ground with its powerful beak and sucking them up with its long, sticky tongue, and there was me thinking they ate grubs from under the bark of trees! during the day as Diana was at work, I did the househusband thing, watering the plants hoovering and cleaning the aquarium,
 
in the afternoon I decided to watch a film White Noise, I had not read the book, so I did not know what to expect, the term, 'dull as dishwater', sprang to mind after the first hour, after the second hour the film mercifully finished, 2 hours and 16 minutes of my life I will never get back, is about the best thing I can say about the film, as it was showing next it was Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, I had watched the film before, and it was great fun watching it again, especially the performance of Deep Roy who play the Oomph Loompas, and who at 65 years old is still going strong, after Diana arrived home and our evening meal,

 we watched Hellboy that was showing, we followed that with a New Tricks before we were of to bed.


No comments: