Sunday 29 January 2023

Diana Was On Late Shift Today,

so we had breakfast together,


a Thai dish for Diana, smoked haddock warmed in milk for myself, in the afternoon after Diana left for work, I should mention that the daffodils have really opened up overnight,

I decided to remove the 7mm draught excluder and replace it with 3mm, that was easier said than done, the glue on the 7mm excluder just refused to give up with out a struggle, 

I placed a small length of the 3mm on the door fame, with a bit of a push the door latched closed, so I stuck the 3mm in place, and? you guessed it, with no amount of pushing the door did not close properly, but I have a cunning plan,

the part of the door that holds it closed locates in this bit,

so I hope that if I remove a little part of the metal from the oblong hole where the part that holds the door is, that is making the hole a tad larger, it will then lock, all I have to do now is buy a file, after my unsuccessful attempt to make the door draught proof it was feet up for a afternoon film,

a almost all action film from South Korea, Jung_E, massive special effects and fight scenes when they happen that have to be seen to be believed, I sort of followed the plot, but I became a bit bogged down, but it whiled away the afternoon, after a couple of quiz shows,

my evening sherry and read, which is just getting better and better, the book is about the life of one of my favourite non-fiction writers, 

the Reverend J. G. Wood, written by his son, Theodore Wood, titled The Rev. J. G. Wood: His Life And Work, it is a real treat, if you are lost for something to read I can highly recommend this work, 

for my evening meal Diana had made me a sausage casserole, which was delicious,

'Cheers!', 

after which I watched the fourth episode of Wolf Hall, which is on the second disc of episodes 4 - 6, a really enjoyable period drama, after which Diana arrived home so a coffee a chat and one more from ITVX, a episode of Lewis before we were off to bed.


No comments: