Thursday 19 January 2023

Blog Posted,

and I was ready to go, 


another hard frost in the back garden,

the grass on a part of the verge frozen,

after putting in posts to keep inconsiderate car parkers from parking on the grass, now mud, a small chain has been placed between each post,

it was a clear cold day, in no time my bus arrived, strangely I was one of only a couple of passengers, 

a little further down the road this explained it,

the bus in front was either running late, or the bus I was on was early,

Peter Pan's Pool frozen over, which was being visited by a flock of seagulls,

the number 54 I was on overtook the 54 in front,

and carried on past the bus garage,

as we neared Catford the traffic started to build up,

thank goodness for bus lanes!

last week the sign announced the road works would take 10 weeks,

so now only 9 weeks to go!

past the building whose refurbishment never seems to be finished,

Lewisham market through a slightly steamed up window,

I was soon at the florists,

that had a nice display of spring bulbs for sale,

at Blackheath station some great news, the 09.31 went to Gravesend, so no wait at Dartford to change trains,

I made my way along the platform, and in just a few minuets I was speeding towards Gravesend, with no change of trains at Dartford,

arriving at the bus stand next to the station a 483 was due in 3 minutes, I could not have planned it better!

up the hill,

to the nursing home, where Duncan was in fine sprits, I made the journey in record time, well before 11.00 in the morning, we chatted away both remembering the times we went to Small La Laguna Beach near Purert Galera in the Philippines, where I went on a SCUBA diving course to become a divemaster, in those days there were no fancy hotels, just nipa palm huts on the beach, the only concrete buildings were two or three dive shops and a couple of 1* - 2* hotels, if you could call them that,

whilst chatting away one of the squirrels called by,

Duncan's lunch arrived so I made a move for the bus stop, where as the queue got bigger it was apparent that the every 30 minute bus service was now running as a one every hour bus service, after 45 minuets a bus finally arrived, bad news at the train station, my train was not due for another 25 minutes or so, and I had to change at Dartford and wait for the next train to Blackheath, just in time for the first of the kids to come out of school, onto the number 54 bus, every stop from now on taking forever,

the Taco Bell in Catford no further forward than last week,

the bee hotels as they are called on some of the bus shelters holding up well,

in the frosty conditions,

I made the journey down to Duncan in record time, and it was another record on the way back, it took so long!

I made my way home past the newly installed posts and chains, Diana was already at home, but as she had such a early start she was resting,

for myself after a couple of quiz shows a read and a sherry,

and a sandwich, 'Cheers!',

in the evening we watched Hands of the Ripper, a great Hammer horror, a young girl inherits the mind of her father, Jack the Ripper, you can guess the rest! then also on ITVX we watched two more from the Lewis series before we were off to bed.


No comments: