Thursday 18 May 2023

As Soon As I Posted The Blog,

I was off, 


into a bright sunny day,

on my way to visit Duncan,

the number 54 bus was early and crowded,

I was soon passing Peter Pan's Pool,

and another number 54 bus,

the wisteria on the front of this building in Catford, now starting to look past its best,

a not very complimentary photograph of the Catford cat,

Lewisham market in full swing,

everywhere horse chestnuts and lilacs in flower,

I was so early the florists next to the station had not yet opened,

great news, the 09.31 was running and on time, so no waiting and changing trains at Dartford, and as usual just the 11 or so minute wait at Gravesend for the 483 bus,

the commuters to London on the up line already left for work,

I noticed these delicate flowers growing on top of the station wall,

they looked really nice,

bad news at Gravesend, instead of the usual wait the next bus was in 22 minutes,

which gave me plenty of time to photograph the sky over the station,

off of the bus and up the hill,

and into the nursing home,

in the car park a horse chestnut tree in full flower,

as were some of the roses,

last week not a single one in flower,

now a few putting on a good show, as I went into the home one of the nurses commented that Duncan was looking forward to seeing me today, he was his usual self, we chatted away as we normally do, this time about the time he and Steve learnt how to SCUBA dive in Pattaya, so many memories, when his lunch arrived we said our farewells,

out side the sky had clouded over,

I was soon at Gravesend station, this is not my train, 

I have to wait for the 14.04,

and here it is,

off at Blackheath, the florists now open for business,

the dwarf roses looking nice,

on the others side of the door lots of cards, the bus arrived in no time at all,

work on the building that never seems to be finished, still ongoing,

 past the Catford cat,

on one of the bus shelter bee gardens,

a lonely mushroom was growing,

it was soon time for my evening read and sherry, for tonight Averrore's Search

Diana was on late shift, so for myself a cottage pie,

'Cheers!', in the evening I watched a Midsomer Murder, one that we had watched a long time ago, after Diana arrived home it was feet up for a coffee and a chat as we watched a Midsomer Murder we had not watched together before, after which we were off to bed.


No comments: