Monday 29 May 2023

Instead Of Our Usual Sunday Lunch,

we were going to have a picnic in the park,


so the trolley all loaded up,

and we were ready to go,

I took the trolley,

time for a pose,

and our walk began,

a selfie from Diana who was carrying the chairs,

past the snail mail box,

and here we are, 

time to start unloading the goodies,

first things first chilled bottle of bubbly into the chill bucket,

food on the table,

just in time for Steve and Kai to arrive,

Kai had brought along lots of Thai food she had prepared,

time to open the bubbly,

Ta-Dah!

'Cheers!',

time to eat, I stayed with the usual,

lots of spices from Kai,

I am not sure what the Thai food was but evidently it was delicious, 

after our lunch time to relax,

then the girls were off, 

to the mansion house to buy some coffees, 

we then all had a relaxing afternoon, on our telephones! well I did not as I do not have the app to look on-line, well I have but for some reason I get charged for it, when I took out my call plan my being able to have roaming Internet was not included, but there it is, after chatting the afternoon away we said our goodbyes and made a move for home,

where switching on the television, what better film for a early Sunday evening than a James Bond? today You Only Live Twice, dated but still great fun, 

we followed that with An Audience with Ronnie Corbett, a great British comedian and entertainer from the 1960s to the 1990s, I had the pleasure of going to his house a number of times, he and his family were so nice, he unfortunately died aged 85 years old after a lifetime in television and films, as an aside his beautiful home which was sold before he died, tragically burned down, such a shame, 

we rounded off the evening with one from the Hammer House of Horror, Scars of Dracula, which co-starred a very young Dennis Waterman, if you are into naff special effects the bat in this film takes a lot of beating, if only its electric wings did a lot faster! and with the end of that we were off to bed.


No comments: