Saturday 13 May 2023

I Had A Busy Day Planned,

so out into a grey day,


it did not seem that bad when I was in the flat, so I only put on my summer jacket, by the time I reached the snail mail box I almost turned around to put my winter jacket on with a fleece, but I decided to continue, 

onto the number 54 bus to the Elmers End bus terminal and then a walk to Tesco, I looked on the Internet for some bits and pieces, the only store locally that had them in stock was here,

shopping finished back to the bus stop,

and there was my bus waiting, along with a single crow, whilst inside the rain had started, and it became a lot colder,

and then there were 2 number 54s, anytime now, 

I gave a few peanuts to the single crow,

in no time he had told all of his mates!

off of the bus at the shop, I had to pick up a few things to take to the bank,

but instead of being able to drop them off in Beckenham, now that Lloyds had closed the Beckenham branch it was a bus to the war memorial, then a change on to the 227 to Bromley,

in to a cold, rain swept Bromley,

and into the bank,

back on the 227 to Foxgrove Road, I took the short cut through the club,

past the cricket pitch,

no one in the tennis courts,

I was getting soaked,

and of course as I neared home, the rain stopped,

the wisteria on the house at the corner of Dura Den looking nice,

I just beat Diana home, and it was soon time for our evening meal, 'Cheers!',

for tonight frankfurters in a roll with onions, they were just like the ones at fun fairs, delicious! 

after our evening meal I was out again, past the snail mail box, with my winter clothes on!

I was meeting Steve at the club, the tennis courts now being put to good use,

across the cricket pitch practise taking place,

into the club where I meet up with Steve, we chatted the night away before saying our goodbyes, arriving home a nightcap before we were both off to bed.


No comments: