Saturday 27 May 2023

I Had A Quiet Day,

Diana was on early shift,


during the day I watched a few television programmes and lost a few ships playing World of Warships, this is a screen shot of my ship literally being blown out of the water, must try to stay afloat longer tomorrow!

after Diana returned home I made a move to meet Steve, Jason and Caine, I left early in the hope of finding a booth free at the Moon & Stars,

it was a nice summers evening, blue skies, and no clouds,

I made my way past the green to the 227 bus stop,

and in no time I arrived at the pub,

I left early, so I had a meal at the pub, a bottle of wine with scampi and chips came to £24.00 and included a glass of wine, so that was alright then! Steve, Jason and Caine arrived and we chatted the night away, I stayed with the wine as Steve and Jason sample the beers on offer,

it was time to say our farewells, the reason for me arriving early at the pub to find a booth is that Caine, Jason's guide dog, could curl up under the table and not be in the way of other patrons,

onto and off of the 227 and I was walking past the graveyard and into the green,

where three young foxes were playing, luckily I had a few peanuts on me,

I have to say they were in a terrible condition, but at least they had a few peanuts to share,

I made my way towards the estate agents on the other side of the road an then home, Diana had already called it a night and had gone to bed, I watched a Hornblower before I too was off to bed.


No comments: