Thursday 25 May 2023

Blog Posted,

and I was on my way,


into a nice bright sunny day,

to visit Duncan, the number 54 bus was on time, 

as it sped past Peter Pan's Pool,

and the wisteria, still in flower on this building in Catford,

Lewisham market open for business,

arriving in Blackheath, 

the florist next to the station putting on a good show,

and great news in the station, the 09.31 was not only running but on time! which meant I did not have a lengthy wait to change trains at Dartford, and I would also only have a 10 minute wait at Gravesend for the bus to the nursing home where Duncan stays,

the commuters on the other platform already London bound,

arriving at Gravesend just a 12 minute wait for the bus as it happens,

over the station nearly clear blue skies,

off of the bus and up the hill to the nursing home,

the trees now all covered in foliage,

what a lovely day,

last week just one rose in flower, 

this week lots of them,

in pinks,

and yellows, I was chatting to one of the staff that work here and he mentioned there were a couple of other roses that looked nice nearby,

which he showed me, this climbing red,

was just so nice,

and then this beauty,

I could not believe the size of the bush,

or the colour of the flowers, such a intense purple colour,

the horse chestnut tree looking like there will be a bumper crop of conkers this year, Duncan was his usual cheerful self, we chatted away about times past and some of the news in todays television news that he was watching as I entered, I mentioned that next week as there is a rail strike, I will be popping down on Tuesday and not Wednesday, when his lunch arrived we said our goodbyes and I made a move for the bus stop,

past the roses,

and the apple tree, hopefully like the chestnuts it will be a bumper crop this year,

just a 10 minute wait for the 13.34,

and there it is, arriving in Blackheath the number 54 bus soon arrived,

and I was soon speeding past the building that work never seems to be finished on, the scaffolding going to the bell tower still there, the rental for it must be costing a fortune,

on one of the bus stops the bee garden starting to grow,

and overgrowing it in some places, all it needs now is the bees!

off of the bus and a walk past Foxgrove Lodge, 

and past the snail mail box and home, Diana was already at home as she was on early shift today, 

soon after arriving home it was time for my read and sherry, tonight I continued reading Labyrinths by Jorge Francisco Isidoro Luis Borges Acevedo, this chapter The Argentine Writer and Tradition,

before our starter I noticed one of the next door neighbours topiary bushes starting to flower, 

the white flowers almost looking like a light dusting of snow,

for our starter a few spring rolls,

eyes down and tuck in,

which we followed with a delicious lamb stew from Sundays roast,

'Cheers!',

for dessert frozen chocolate cake with sliced strawberries, 

delicious! after our meal it was time for a Outback Opal Hunters followed by a Lewis, as it happens we had watched this episode so long ago we could not remember 'who did it' it of course being the murders that go with the series, after which as Diana was tired from her early start she went to bed, I watched another of the excellent but dated episode of Hornblower before I too was of to bed.


No comments: