Friday 12 May 2023

First Thing,

one of the ducks was on the roof,


he had not been back for a few days,

but there he was, I had a quiet day in one sense, not leaving home, but busy in another, I spent most of it on the telephone, not actually talking but waiting in a queue to talk to somebody, firstly I had changed telephone provider from O2 to EE, for more than a few months the service at home from O2 was non-existent, O2 told me something I already knew, I was in a poor reception area, I was assured by EE I was not, they were wrong! the service at home was so bad, take this morning, I queued for 43 minutes to speak to one of the energy providers for the shop, after getting through the lady I spoke to actually said she was terminating the call as she could not hear me! I called back, with the usual wait on the landline, which was a tad better, but lacked the hash button, so it was a bit of a trial but eventually got through, the shops gas bill had risen 10 fold in a month! and I needed to know why, apparently the government subsidy has now stopped so that is it, higher energy bills from now on! I then called EE who were very helpful, they asked me to change a setting on my telephone and made a case number for me for the engineers to look at the problem, later in the afternoon I received a text asking me to switch off the restart my telephone, and as it happens so far so good, call quality seems to have improved, after which Diana arrived home, so time for our evening meal, after which it was a Simpson's, followed by a Outback Opal Hunters, then on to ITVX for a couple of Midsomer Murders before we were off to bed.


No comments: