Thursday 11 May 2023

Diana Was Already At Work,

for myself, blog posted and I was out,


into a nice sunny day,

hardly a cloud in the sky,

the bus was on time although crowded,

naturally a wait whilst the one I was on had a driver change,

passing the creeper covered building in Catford, it was a wisteria, nicely in flower,

Lewisham market,

open for business,

I arrived early in Blackheath Village, the florist not yet open,

and good news, the 09.31 to Gravesend was on time, meaning no change of trains at Dartford and no waiting there,

on the up line the commuters on their way to London,

nice and warm at Gravesend station/bus hub,

I was soon walking up the hill to the nursing home where Duncan is staying,

a short walk past some of the buildings,

and I was not the only visitor, Duncan had spied a squirrel on the fence behind me as I sat in a chair by his bedside,

as I looked out of the window, there were 2 in fact,

as it happens I had some peanuts on me,

so a unexpected feed for the local squirrels, we chatted away until Duncan's lunch arrived, before saying our farewells,

as I left the home looking back I could not help noticing it was clouding over,

the apple tree looking good on the way out,

I was in plenty of time for the return train, this one had to leave before my one arrived, and for the first time I noticed this,

a working post box, I guess commuters can drop off their mail on the way to work,

and here was my train,

arriving in Blackheath I had a look at the florists, now with their display outside,

but only on one side, cards on the other,

the scaffolding on the never finished building still there,

and then the rain came!

which luckily had stopped by the time I reached Beckenham Green,

into the key shop for a key to the cellar,

past the church,

 and into the Card Factory, it is Duncan's birthday this month, so I will send a card to him,

next stop Boots the chemist to pick up my bi-monthly prescription,

next Sainsbury's, they are the only store in town that sells Knorr packet soup that Diana had asked for, so I made the extra walk to them to buy some, I arrived at the shelf, 'out of stock', well something had to go wrong today!

back home and into the park, the wisteria on Foxgrove Lodge looking really nice now,

as were one of the planted troughs,

and the rhododendron was just starting to flower,

this one opening up nicely, 

Diana was already at home, I did not have time for a read, 'Cheers!', 

for tonight chicken breast in a satay sauce, with a delicious salad that Diana had made,

eyes down and tuck in,

we followed with beef mince and mash,

another 'Cheers!',

for dessert a chocolate pie with cream and ice cream,

a lovely ending to the meal, it was then feet up for our evenings entertainment, which tonight was with ITVX, what an amazing free to view channel, we started to work our way through some of the Midsomer Murders we had not already watched, and after a couple of those we were off to bed.


No comments: