Tuesday 23 May 2023

Diana Had Already Left For Work,

by the time I made my way outside,


into a not very nice day,

grey and overcast, not to mention a tad chilly,

the first horse chestnut tree putting on a good show of flowers,

in its lower branches,

I walked past the green,

and church to the 227 bus stop to Penge, I had a couple of things to do there,

alighting in Penge I walked past Free Watermen and Lightermen's Almshouses, (also known as the Royal Watermen's Almshouses), built in 1840–1841 on Beckenham Road, on the other side of the road,

and nearing the church found the shop I was looking for,

Barnardo's charity shop, on the counter at Kingfisheries we have a collection box for the home, the charity does not now collect every few months as they used to, so I take the money collected when the box is full to the shop, today I handed in £66.55, receipt collected and I was on my way,

to Argos in Sainsbury's for two things, firstly our CO2 cylinder exchange, and secondly as it is Duncan's birthday next week I was picking up a Amazon fire stick for his birthday present, so that he will be able to watch all of the free programs that come with it as well as YouTube that he really enjoyed, back on to a number 194 bus and I was soon at, 

the war memorial, opposite the now closed Barclays bank, 

off of the 354 and past Foxgrove Lodge,

in the front garden,

the roses now starting to flower,

also a pot of rhododendrons in bud that will be looking nice next week,

speaking of which the ones in the same side garden,

now in full flower,

the first horse chestnut on the way also in flower, like the other one here, mainly on the lower branches,

an aid to the pollinators I guess? I watched a couple of quiz shows before Diana arrived home, after our evening meal we watched a Endeavour, we had watched this one before but so long ago we could not remember the out come until nearly the end, after which Diana had an early night, another early start tomorrow, for myself I watched another from the excellent series Hornblower, before I to was of to bed.


No comments: