Sunday 7 May 2023

I Had A Cunning Plan For Today's Coronation,

I would grab an umbrella, picnic chair, a bottle and a glass,


and after Diana had left for work walk into town and sit in the green and watch the day unfold there, but the plan went mustang from the first hurdle, as Dian's bus passed the green she called to say there was no celebration there! I had expected the powers that be to have installed a big screen, chairs, food & drinks stalls for this most special of days, but it was not to be, so I watch this amazing ceremony at home, all pictures from ITV, Westminster cathedral,

Prince Charles III making his way there,

after a 1 mile long pression of the armed forces of the UK and the Common Wealth,

the crown is brought to the Prince,

and the ceremony begins, 

as the golden spurs are offered,

along with the jewelled sword,

the orb,

and mace,

the King is crowned, "Long Live The King",

the King makes his way outside,

followed by his Queen,

with all of the pageant and ceremony that Great Britain is so proud of, the Royal procession makes its way back to Buckingham Palace,

the troops march along the Mall,

the red tunics and black of the bear skin hats standing out on the grey rainy day,

as the possession continues, 

representatives of all of the forces here,

as they stream under Admiralty Arch, the Royal coach bring up the rear,

our new King and Queen,

the Royal carriage makes it's way into Buckingham Palace,

in the back garden, all of the UK forces are assembled, 

for three cheers to the King,

meanwhile permission has been given for a very restricted fly past by the Red Arrows,

restricted because of the rain and low cloud,

meanwhile members of the public are slowly allowed to fill the Mall,

until the area around Queen Victoria's monument is full,

our new King and Queen on the balcony, and this is what the crowds are here for, the Royal Wave, and all of the Royal family,

the Red Arrows scream along the Mall and over the palace,

the day for the public ends and the Royal family return indoors, what a spectacle! watched by literally millions of people in the UK and around the world, not to mention all of the Kings, Queens, Presidents, Chancellors, Prime Ministers, Chief Executives and Premiers of all of the important counties in the World, who were there in person, I have said it before and I will say it again, God Save The King,  

it was rumoured that the Red Arrows would past over parts of Kent, including Bromley, so window open to listen for them and hopefully take a photograph or two,

as I watched the rain, I thought I would tale a couple of photographs of the succulents that are flowering,

this one still putting on a good show,

as was the many yellow flowering ones,

this is the one I had not seen flowing before,

on a long stem and the flowers just starting to open up,

then I could hear the Red Arrows, and there they were, behind the cloud! they passed on their way back to base,

I watched some television and then time for my evening read and sherry, I was reading Labyrinths by Jorge Francisco Isidoro Luis Borges Acevedo, and started on The Theologians, although they are short stories I always get side-tracked, looking at references and books I had not come across before, I was only one paragraph in when I came across Civitas Dei, which I found was written by St Augustine (b. 354, d. 430), who composed De civitate Dei (The City of God) in response to an attack on Rome by the Visigoth king Alaric I (r. 395–410) in 410, I then came across Migne's Parology, which I took some time in looking up, Topographia Christiana, which was a long read in itself, latter in The Theologians I came across Adversus annulares, the description of which was thankfully not too long,

time for my evening meal poppadum's,

followed by a huge chicken curry that Diana had made for me, I found a big plate!

eyes down and tuck in, another hour or so and Diana arrived home, so it was feet up for a couple of Midsomer Murder's that were being shown on a Saturday night before we were off to bed.


No comments: