Tuesday 31 August 2021

As Far As Modern Clothes And Fashions Are Concerned,

I am completely out of touch,


for instance I have never understood why people would by a pair of jeans that has been deliberately cut to make them look worn, and above is another item, image from luxury fashion brand Balenciaga, who have just announced their range of extremely distressed sweaters, that look like they’ve been chewed on by rats, mice and have not been washed for some time, I guess you could call it the ‘Homeless Look’, which I guess is a bit of a insult to those who for whatever reason are really homeless, they are in fact high-quality wool sweaters designed to make the wearer look either extremely poor or like they narrowly escaped an encounter with an aggressive wild animal, aptly named “Destroyed Crewneck“, the controversial garment is actually made from “100% virgin wool”, although you couldn’t really tell by looking at it, the sweaters are made in Italy and come in an oversized fit, but here is the thing, can you really afford to look poor? the reason I ask is on their website they are priced at $1,450! at today's rate £1,054.25, yes it really does cost a lot to look poor! “Hi Balenciaga. Can you give me the lead time for this unfinished, jumper for £1100 please, I really want one… said no one, ever,” one person wrote on Twitter, so I guess it is not just myself who thinks that these are a bit too expensive!


No comments: