Saturday 14 August 2021

We Had A Nice Relaxing Day,

the only thing we had planned was a walk into town,


it was not a particularly nice day,

but that did not stop the flowers at Foxgrove Lodge putting on a good show,

the dahlias looking nice,

as were these although I am not sure what they are, shopping finished and we were back home,

in the evening a sherry and a start on A Voyage in the Sunbeam, that I mentioned yesterday,

for our evening meal fried vegetables, sea bass and baby potatoes for Diana,

for myself,

steak and mushrooms,

'Cheers!',

on to our dessert, cherry pie and fresh cream, yummy!

in the evening I popped out to meet up with Steve, leaving Diana to watch one of her gory, scary, horror movies that she likes so much, that give me the heebie-jeebies, one of the remarkably few street lights in the park now on,

I made my way past the old cricket pavilion,

no match tonight, Steve and myself chatted the night away, after he kindly dropped me off it was feet up for a late night New Tricks before we were off to bed.


2 comments:

jpo5626 said...

Stan-once you are done with the book, give us a fast review on if it was an enjoyable flowing read…or a choppy one. Published travel logs usually fall into these two bucket types and I like flowing stories if non fiction. Depending on your review I may order this one for a read. Karen Blixen’s ( penned under Isak Dinesen) “Out of Africa” book comes to mind as one of the best examples of a nonfiction travel log type story that flows. I read it about ten years before the movie came out and have read it a few times since. Dinesen’s book, page by page, paints a picture in the reader’s mind and takes you to rural Kenya in early 1900s….so well done. I keep seeking out more exceptional examples of these types of works to read as they are so enjoyable. So let us know your findings on your current read. Thanks!
John and Alley

PattayaStan said...

Dear John and Alley, as I mentioned so far it has been a delightfully easy read, with occasional phrases like 'curiosity opened her lattice', to describe a part of their journey past a vineyard and walled gardens, I am only up to page 70 of the 488 in the narrative, but so I am really enjoying it, best regards, Stan and Diana.