Friday 13 August 2021

Given My Fear Of Heights

this might seem a strange post,


but as it is in the east of London, in the Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park  I thought I would mention it, there is a striking steel sculpture, designed by Sir Anish Kapoor for the 2012 Games, it  was a central part of London's Olympic legacy, and in the park,

forged from 2000 tons of recycled metal, it is a viewing platform, abseiling experience, and epic tunnel slide ArcelorMittalOrbit, it is the world's longest tunnel slide, measuring 178m the slide twists and turns 12 times, including a tight corkscrew section named the ‘bettfeder’ – after the German word for ‘bedspring.’ the slide ends with a 50 metre straight run to the ground, all completed in an exhilarating 40-second trip, 

did I mention the view? that is sort of OK if there is a lift, but I think I will leave the slide for another day (lifetime).


No comments: