Tuesday 17 August 2021

I Am Splitting Today's Post Into Two Parts,

one from the UK and one from the Philippines,



we had a quiet day, but we did have a few bits and pieces to buy,

we had run out of milk for one thing, so a walk into town, also my luck with eclectics stuck again, the washing machine decided it needed a permeant rest, it had stopped once before, but this was permanent, so a new one will be arriving on Friday, but on the good news front this is the first day of Diana's 2 week holiday, so no early morning calls for Diana!

I should have mentioned for one of us it was a very special day,

the shirt says it all, Steve is 65 years old today,

he and Kai and took us out to Millar & Carter for a celebration meal,

group photograph,

and a selfie from Diana,

we were ready with our masks but were told they were not needed, it was strange to go inside without having to put a mask on,

we made our way to the table,

but first a quick pose,

and another selfie from Diana,

Steve ordered a bottle of bubbly,

a great way to start the celebration,

a cocktail for the girls,

a 'Cheers!',

or two,

one of Diana,

and the girls,

our starters arrived, crispy squid for Diana,

with a sauce,

scallops, prawns and bacon for Kai,

Steve and myself both went for the prawn and crayfish cocktail,

all set,

a photograph and it was eyes down and tuck in,

our salads arrived we chose between blue cheese sauce,

or honey and bacon,

we all decided on steaks for our main course,

filet for Diana, Steve and myself,

sirloin for Kai, all of which were delicious and cooked to perfection,

Steve and myself did not order desserts, the girls did, Kai went for one of my favourites, a knickerbocker glory, it was huge,

Diana chose a tiramisu, 

what a fabulous meal, many, many thanks to Kai and Steve,

then back to our place for presents, 

Steve mentioned he was going to buy a bee hive, so what better than a book about beekeeping? keeping to a garden theme when we were last at Kew Steve saw some plants that grew from bulbs that he really liked, so Diana bought some for him which will be delivered when it is the time to lift and send them, we said our farewells to Steve and Kai,

for us a look at a short video of Lee flying his drone, and of course being electric I was in the frame, Lee was going to make it hover just in front of me as I videoed it, but a slight malfunction meant it hit me in the chin, blood was drawn, but the cuts from the propellers soon stopped bleeding, I must remember to keep away from things electrical, and with that we were off to bed.


2 comments:

jpo5626 said...

Stan-Alley and I would say that Lee is a pretty good shot! Maybe he should enlist his services as 008 and become a spy for the UK! I am not that versed in drones but now I know to stay far away when they come back to the pilot! I hope that your chin as well as your pride were not injured too badly. Regards
John and Alley

PattayaStan said...

Dear John and Alley, my chin has healed up well, but I have to avoid shaving around the area as it opens the cuts up again, you are dead right, keep well away from drones when they land! but I have to say I was well impressed with the video and photographs the drone took, and it is so small, but seeing the amount of information that comes upon the screen as Lee was flying it looked awfully complicated, so I think I will give drones a miss, best regards, Stan and Diana.