Monday 30 August 2021

We Had A Great Start To An Enjoyable Day,

first thing in the morning Diana's family,


sent some photographs,

showing the progress being made on the house,

with some of the external painting started,

and tiling being started in a few more of the rooms,

and finished in some of them,

no Sunday lunch for us today, we spent the afternoon watching a few episodes of Columbo, in the early evening we were out,

and walking into the park,

some months ago we had bought a couple of V.I.P. tickets to this,


looking back at the mansion,

in the distance the big screen,

I had to have a pose,

well two as it happens,

security checks over, no outside food or drink allowed,

we settled into our front row seats,

and this is where we are going to eat, hence no Sunday lunch,

Diana bought her late afternoon/early evening lunch first,

and a coffee,

I think it is a Mexican dish,

as I felt a bit peckish I wandered off,

if you did not want to pay for chairs near the screen you could bring your own,

plenty of supplied tables and chairs to eat from,

and lots of street food,

naturally Diana asked me to buy some more food, and this was the stall selling it,

the staff here excellent,

for myself a 12" dog in a roll,

whilst that was cooking I arrived back with a couple of Indian dishes for Diana,

then time for my treat,

plus a couple of glasses of bubbly,

next an ice tea for Diana,

the show started with a couple of films made by different collages, one a funny spoof which featured the new face of the National Health Service, basically home owners were paid to open up one or more of their rooms to house patients and even have one room made into a operating theatre, so well done you could almost believe it was true! 

the short films were followed by a stand up comedian, not the easiest job in the world, but quite amusing in places, then to the main event,

the film that we had all come to watch, Jojo Rabbit, we have watched it before, actually I have watched 3 or 4 times, I find it in places just so funny, the story, "Hitler Youth cadet Jojo Betzler firmly believes in the ideals of Nazism manifested by his imaginary friend, Adolf Hitler. However, his foundations are shaken when he finds a Jewish girl in his house." it seems like a strange film, and I guess it is, but we, along with everybody here thoroughly enjoyed it, the sound system superb making this watching so good, film over we made our way back home for a Have Got News For You, after which we were off to bed.


2 comments:

jpo5626 said...

Stan-you have true talent, being able to eat a loaded one foot dog in glad rags without getting it all over yourself. Every time I try I end up with a mess if I don’t sit down at a restaurant table. Alley steers me away from one footers if we are out and about. What hidden skill you have, I am jealous! Have fun
John an Alley

PattayaStan said...

Dear John and Alley, I am OK with the food, it is the drinks I have problems with, after a few bottles I keep missing my mouth! best regards, Stan and Diana.