Friday 13 August 2021

I Had The Day All Planned Out,

in the afternoon after Diana had left for work,


I would pop downstairs and spend the rest of the afternoon on the sun lounger and make a start on a book that had just arrived, at the weekend I had finished Aztec Autumn, as for the book that had just arrived, you may remember at the end of July this year I made a post about a book called A Voyage in the Sunbeam. Our Home on the Ocean for Eleven Months by Annie Brassey, well I enjoyed reading the few parts of it that I could find published from it, I bought the book!

no not the original but a reprint, to give it its full description, A Voyage in the Sunbeam. Our Home on the Ocean for Eleven Months ... with 188 Illustrations ... Chiefly After Drawings by the Hon. A. Y. Bingham. [with a Preface by Lord Brassey.] it was a paperback edition by Annie Baroness Brassey, the book was held by the British Library and that had been digitised by Microsoft, I bought the paperback copy from World of Books, who I have used many times before, all was well so far, except, as nice as Wednesday was, Thursday dawned totally opposite, cold, grey and miserable, no sun lounger for me then!, after Diana had left I watched a few programs until my evening meal, then it was feet up for my usual fare of Midsomer Murder, a Lewis and a New Tricks, by which time Diana was back home for a Have I got News For You, so it looks like I will not be making a start on reading A Voyage in the Sunbeam for a few more days, and with that we were off to bed.


No comments: