Sunday 29 August 2021

I Spent Quite A Bit Of Saturday,

posting the blog,



and in the afternoon I had a few parcels to open that had arrived whilst we were away, firstly this one from Cyprus Cactus, I had tried to buy a few cactus plants in the UK, but there were none of the spices that I wanted available, when we lived in Thailand they were readily available in the markets especially in Bangkok,

ordering the plants form Cyprus could not have been easier,

they were all nicely packaged and labelled,

and as it happened some of them a lot bigger than I thought they were going to be,

I had a number of pots ready for them,

and happily a few bigger pots,

for these two, if cacti or succulents are your thing Cyprus Cactus is the place to go to if the plant you want is not available in the UK, shipping costs a little more, but if it is spread over several plants it is not so bad, a big well done to Cyprus Cactus! 

as an aside from their web site: if you live in Cyprus or visit Cyprus on vacation we would love to have you visit our greenhouses. kyriacos@laccotripes.com +357-99720512 above is a map of the nursery,

I had a few more parcels to unwrap, I mentioned how much I was enjoying reading A Voyage in the Sunbeam, well the author had written another book of the family's travels, The Gardens of the Sum so I bought that and looking for other travel books in a hopefully similar vein I also purchased the Journal of the Rt. Honourable Sir Joseph Hooker, and The Naturalist on the River Amazons,

I then chanced on this series of mini books,

they were all just a couple of pounds each,

which seemed fair,

each book is between 100 and 120 pages, so I have my reading mapped out for the next few months!

in the evening a sherry and a read,

followed by chicken noodle soup,

next spaghetti for Diana,

chicken and sauté potatoes for myself,

'Cheers!',

for dessert a real treat,

Steve and Kai had bought some chocolates for Diana at Christmas,

so out of the refrigerator, 

and here they were,

oh, the agony of choice! we chatted away then it was feet up for a Midsomer Murder before we were off to bed.


No comments: