Sunday 22 August 2021

Saturday,

and it was the girls day out to London,


first stop Borough Market,

for some fresh oysters,

and then a second helping, with a sprinkle of spices,

as well as Diana, Jeap, Kai, Linda and Phanee made up the group,

all set for the photograph,

and one with Diana,

and a selfie,

I have to admit I am not a fan of oysters, but the girls love them, breakfast over the shopping fest begun,

all of this shopping was thirsty work,

so Selfridges it was then,

and it would be rude,

not to have a cake,

or two before starting out again along Oxford and Bond Street,

appetites now retuned it was a stop at Sushi Atelier 

whish as you might have guessed was a sushi bar,

the agony of choice,

I have not visited this one before,

so maybe one for the list to visit,

the food certainly looks nice, and I was informed it was delicious,

it looks like the girls are just eating in restaurants one after another, but I should point out that their day started at 11.00 in the morning, and finished just before midnight, now that is a proper shopping fest!

next a change of pace as they called into The Ned,

which is a hotel,

with a nice cocktail lounge,

cocktails over,

and it was time for home,

meanwhile for myself I had a quiet day, in the evening a read and a sherry, 

for my starter cheese and cold cuts,

'Cheers!',

main course, chicken cooked in red wine and vegetables, 

eyes down and tuck in,

grapes and a slice of bramley apple turnover, meal over during the evening I read about 100 pages of 1879 A Voyage in the Sunbeam, enjoyable on so many levels, I love it when I come across a animal or bird I have not heard of before, for instance I had never heard of a bizcacha before, the fact is the word is misspelt, it should be viscacha, it took me a while to work it out, but later in the read one was given to Annie wrapped in a handkerchief, it gave me a idea of the size of the animal, it is a chinchilla like rodent, which apparently make good pets, the girls had made their way back to Steve and Kai's for a late night coffee, Diana caught a cab from there and arrived home just before midnight, we had a chat, a nightcap and a look through all of her shopping before we were off to bed.


No comments: