Thursday 26 May 2022

Almost As Regular As Clockwork,

first thing the ducks were back,


today if you look closely,

there are five of them,

off to visit Duncan,

first pop a letter in the snail mail box,

a bit grey and overcast, and a bit chilly as well as it happens,

the garden at Foxgrove Lodge looking nice as always,

the peonies now open,

on to a number 54 bus and I was soon speeding past Peter Pans pool,

a nice touch, on the top of this bus shelter, a planted roof to encourage bees,

I was making good time, until a driver change at Catford bus station,

after a slight delay I was soon passing the Catford cat,

and Lewisham market,

off of the bus and past the flower shop,

a few lupins on display, I wonder if they are making a come back as this years summer flower?

on the other side of the doorway a few cards and a very colourful display of plants,

and here it is, Blackheath station,

downstairs and the information I need,

just a 3 minute wait for the Dartford train,

a few stops later and I was at Dartford, outside the station a nice pond,

with a magnificent weeping willow tree as its center piece,

on the information board,

a slight wait until my next train,

back to the pond, it has a couple of swans,

and a fountain that switches on for a few minutes every so often,

a few stops later and I was at Gravesend,

walking up to the Somerset Arms opposite the bus stop,

I noticed the new information board was being tested,

as it happens the 481 was a no show so I took the 483,

several stops later I arrived a the estate where the nursing home was at ten minutes to twelve,

 I had made good time, I knew where I was going this time!

Duncan was in good sprits, we chatted away remembering some of the adventures we had over the years, I made a move at a quarter past one, looking up the road my bus in the distance, I had a quick run to the stop,

and arrived back at Gravesend station,

then to Dartford, looking at the board,

a slight wait,

at Blackheath over the road,

to the 54 bus stop,

I always look at this house as I pass, for myself it looks so nice,

past the market at Lewisham,

if you need pots and pans, this is the place!

I was soon passing the Catford cat,

and Peter Pans pool, as I passed the park I looked at the time, it had taken just about 2 hours for each journey, which was so much quicker than last week as today I had a better route, I stayed on the bus into town as I had some shopping to do,

many of the shops decorated with the Platinum Jubilee in mind, I thought this free hand drawing was neat,

into Sainsburys, then my plan went a tad downhill, it must have started raining a few monuments before I came out of the store, and got worse the nearer I was to getting home, arriving I was soaked, I had an umbrella but with three heavy bags of shopping I could not use it,

after drying out a sherry and a read,

for my starter a couple of vegetable samosas,

followed by a chicken korma, chicken jalfrezi and paulo rice,

'Cheers!', after my meal I read until the start of a Lewis after which Diana arrived home so it was a coffee, chat and feet up for a New Tricks and a Silent Witness before we were off to bed.


No comments: