Thursday 27 June 2024

My Handwriting Is Terrible,

it is a fact that sometimes I can not even read what I have written, and that is true, 


which I guess is why I admire other peoples neat handwriting, especially copper plate or similar, so it was a real pleasure when I came across a book titled The Proper Art of Writing by Paul Franck,

the book starts off with common letters, 

and then makes them more ornate, 

adding, 

flourishes both curvilinear and angular, 

in some cases so many, 

that the letter, 

can be difficult to distinguish,

what a work of art, to give the book it's proper title it is,

 'Kunstrichtige Schreibart allerhand Versalie[n] oder AnfangsBuchstabe[n] der teütschen, lateinischen und italianischen Schrifften aus unterschiedlichen Meistern der edlen Schreibkunst zusammen getragen',

 translated it reads as,

 The Proper Art of Writing: A Compilation of All Sorts of Capital or Initial Letters of German, Latin and Italian Fonts from Different Masters of the Noble Art of Writing, 

published in 1665, throughout my life I have wished so many times that my handwriting was neat, at school I had so many writing lessons but at best my handwriting is scribble, but there it is, I have made it through life with it so far, to look at the book in full please go to this link.


No comments: