Saturday 6 November 2021

Diana Was Already At Work,

as I made my way to the bus stop,


it was a sad start to the day,

a very dear friend who I had known for over 40 years had died, so I went to the cemetery,

I spoke to Margaret's children Paul and Sahara and offered my condolences,

I took the 354 back to the club and had a chat with Robert who happened to be there,

looking across the cricket/football pitch,

work was still going on with reseeded the pitch, but the new roof on the pavilion was finished,

I hate to say it, but to me it does not look like a good colour match to the upper part of the roof, or of the other pavilion next to it, but there it is,

in the evening a read and a sherry,

followed by a prawn cocktail,

main courses a puff pasty steak pie,

eyes down and tuck in, I decided against a dessert, I was so full, 

next back to the club to meet Steve, where we chatted the night away, Steve kindly dropped me off at home where Diana was waiting having just returned form work, as it was dark Diana had taken a Uber taxi back home, next for us it was catch up on our day as we watched a New Tricks before we were off to bed.


No comments: