Sunday 21 November 2021

What A Nice Way To Start The Day,

two huge fillets of smoked haddock,


warmed in milk,

I mentioned some time ago that we had not seen any mushrooms in the back garden, and then I looked closer,

and found this mushroom ring,

I am not sure what they are, they had been slightly damaged by the lawn mower,

Dana was at work, I was off to the 54 bus stop,

going to Screwfix to pick up an extension cable, and a one into two telephone line splitter for when Mickey comes back,

next stop Tesco for some sherry, to my horror last night I found out that I had finished the last bottle,

next to the 54 bus stop,

where I was mugged by the local crows, where is Alfred Hitchcock when you need him?

back through the park past the now leafless trees,

time for a sherry and a read, 

I had just finished The Naturalist on the River Amazons: A Record of Adventures, Habits of Animals, Sketches of Brazilian and Indian Life, and Aspects of Nature under the Equator, during Eleven Years of Travel, which I thoroughly enjoyed, 

so I made a start on The Gardens of the Sun: Or, A Naturalist's Journal on the Mountains and in the Forests And Swamps Of Borneo And The Sulu Archipelagoby Frederick William Thomas Burbidge, first published in 1880, so far it is an excellent read,

for my starter a scallop shell filled with a sauce, baked and smoked salmon and prawns,

followed by a thigh of turkey, eyes down and start!

for dessert a few grapes, Diana called so as usual I walked down to the bus stop and we walked back where it was feet up for a coffee and a chat, we watched a Lewis, then for us we were off to bed.


2 comments:

jpo5626 said...

Dear Stan and Diana
You folks have been bundled up with heavy coats and layers to keep warm for a few weeks now. Surprisingly Fox Grove flowers and your lawn with mushrooms are still very green. Has it dropped below freezing yet or is it just cold from high humidity and wind? South Texas is still warm in the middle of the day but at night just above freezing so we have not had a hard freeze yet. We are new here so we will see how cold we actually get this winter. We saw snow on your post a week ago so must be getting into winter. It has only snowed here once in last four years so think we will be in for a mild winter but with climate change you never no. Stay warm!
We love your Christmas decorations….great job by both of you.
John and Alley

PattayaStan said...

Dear John and Alley, so far we have had only one frost in the morning, but yesterday it was just so cold, the wind bitingly so, I have got to fess up, the snow in London was soap suds! one of the businesses there had a couple of 'snow' machines on their balconies, Diana is still playing with the tree decorations, we have a number of 1940-50s glass tree ornaments, and some handmade small wooden ones still to put up, and last but not least the Christmas angel on top of the tree, but I keep well out of the way when it comes to decorating the tree, I just put up the lights and garland out side of our front door, best regards and hoping you have a great Christmas, Stan and Diana.