Monday 8 November 2021

Unfortunately Diana Was Asked To Go Into Work On Sunday,

but luckily finished in the late afternoon,


so instead of a Sunday lunch we had a late Sunday afternoon meal, we had booked a table a few days ago in town, so I made my way past the picture gallery,

and meet with Diana who had arrived by bus straight from work,

and here we were at My Place, in Beckenham High Street,

we sat at the rear of the restaurant,

but as a window table became available we had a move to there,

we pretty much by now had the place to ourselves,

a selfie from Diana,

a 'Cheers!', from myself,

lighted candles and fresh flowers on every table, a nice touch,

our starters arrived,

for Diana, grilled peaches, mozzarella & Serrano ham, tossed in a rocket and mixed leaf salad,

and for myself a prawns mixed in a rose marie sauce and served up on a fresh avocado,

the décor was very pleasant, the bar reflected in a window look so nice,

time to tuck in, 

a huge roast beef Sunday lunch for Diana,

I went with the lamb chops, with beans and sauté potatoes,

after a long break I decided on poached pear with ice cream,

for Diana,

a latté coffee, I had a port,

the meal came to £104.46 including service charge, and it all was excellent

we made our way back past what was the police station, now a restaurant, arriving home it was feet up for,

 The Duchess, which we both enjoyed, especially as major part of it was based on the real life story

then a change of continent for The Harder They Fall, and a change of enjoyment, the film has rave reviews, I thought it was total rubbish, from the concept of all of the lead characters down to all of the towns folk all being black, and a story line that we just could not seem to follow, it was so dire that half way through Diana gave up and went to bed, so it was not just me! but there it is, I watched the film to its last gasp, then for myself I too was off to bed.


No comments: