Tuesday 30 November 2021

I Had A Bit Of A Busy,

and interesting day,


as I was typing the blog, looking down on to the garden there was a heavy frost, 

only the second so far this winter, Diana was on late shift, and as we needed a few things in town, I walked with her to the bus stop,

into Sainsbury's for the usual milk, etc,

but also two chocolate advent calendars, well it is nearly Christmas! I had also been trying without any success to buy a butane gas refill cylinder, every where I went none were any longer being sold, we need one to refill our candle lighters, again in Sainsbury's I was told they no longer stocked them, but the assistant did mention that across the road the newsagent they did, so I called in and hey presto!

we now have two candle lighters fully filled and ready to go, next for myself it was down on hands and knees, a job I had been putting off, for the first time to clean out the water filter on the washing machine, as it happens it all went remarkably well, and was in fact quite clean, I just hope it does not leak the next time Diana uses it!

next on to the Internet to order 4 tickets to the Lightopia at Crystal Palace, we will be going with Steve and Kai, and now for some really, really bad news,

you may remember just about 3 years ago almost to the week, after we moved back here from Thailand we received our new television, on the 8th. December, and featured it in our post on the 8th. 2019, well it was going well, we were even contacted to say in May this year that a power card needed to be replaced free of charge,

LG arranged for two technicians from DX AVS Horley to make an appointment to change the board,

which they did with no fuss or problems at all, but a green patch over the past few months started to appear in roughly the center of the screen, it became obvious that it was not going away so I called LG customer help line, and spoke to a very nice gentleman there who asked me to send some photographs of the problem, and that was the problem you could only see it is there was a predominantly yellow screen, as in say a dessert, a Weston or as when we first noticed it, Homer Simpson's face was slowly but surely turning from yellow to green! but how to get a screen shot? enter a cunning plan, Diana had shown me how to watch YouTube on the television, so I typed in yellow screen and there it was, 10 minutes of yellow screen, 

photograph taken and here it is,

I have not added any effects, the green patch is plain to see,

this is straight out of the camera, the black lines on the left are dust on the camera sensor, is just the green patch that is the problem, so I sent these to LG, but whilst chatting to the LG assistant he did mention it might be an idea to run a program in the television that was called pixel refresher, he talked me through the buttons to press to open the program in the television, it takes about an hour to run, and he suggested running it one after another 4 or 5 times, so I ran it 5 times through the course of the afternoon/evening, 

at the end of the fifth cycle you can see the message in the top righthand side of the screen, Pixel Refresher process has finished, and guess what? 

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.


it made no difference at all! well you know my luck with anything electrical, why does this sort of thing always happen to us? as an aside if you want to see if your television has any color abnormalities, I typed in yellow screen on YouTube, but I guess there might be other plain colour screens, red, blue, green but I did not look to see if there was, it was just the yellow one I was interested in,

I was going to read and then remember that tonight the new Hornby episode was going to be shown, tonight's was about the new model of the Airfix Vampire jet amongst other new products, so I watched television on my laptop, Diana arrived home after her shift, so it was feet up for a New Tricks, tomorrow it is Diana's day off so we will be out, but first thing I will send the latest photograph of the screen mentioning that the 5 pixel refreshes did not work, hopefully LG will have another clever trick to bring the screen back to normal, and with that we were off to bed.


No comments: