Friday 19 November 2021

In A World Where We See Literally Hundreds Of Advertisements,

almost daily,


I remember very few, but this one sticks in my mind, it is just so scary dairy! to say it gives me the heebie-jeebies every time I watch it is an understatement, I just do not like heights, and this advertisement has them in spades, I had convinced myself that it was all done on a green screen with lots of CGI tricky, but I was so wrong!

photograph and article, Gulf Business, at the pinnacle of the building named Burj Khalifa at 828 meters, there was just a reduced circumference space of only 1.2 meters to pull off the stunt, in which a single drone was used to capture the footage in a continuous take to film the complete sequence, and this was how it was done, 

“We always look to challenge the norm and push boundaries at Emirates. We do it every day through our innovative services, our best in class product and of course through our advertising. The calm and confidence of the cabin crew you see in the ad is an embodiment of our frontline team, serving travellers and ensuring their safety. We’re proud to be among a privileged few who have been allowed to film at the top of the Burj Khalifa by Emaar; and even prouder that we get to showcase our beautiful city, Dubai,” said Sir Tim Clark, president, Emirates Airline, I have to say it, this is an advertisement I will remember for a long time to come!


No comments: