Saturday 27 November 2021

I Had A Terrible Nights Sleep,

or I should say lack of it,


I was up a couple of times rummaging through drawers to find some paracetamol, the tooth ache was so painful, I called the dentist as soon as they opened and luckily they had a cancelation, so off into a cold park,

and past the green,

I had seen this on the way to the doctors, a tree with a photograph on, with lots of fresh flowers on it, regrettably murder has come to Beckenham, our condolences to the family,

I soon arrived at the surgery, and the news was not good, what I had thought was a tooth ache was in fact a gum infection, I was given some antibiotics, the bad news was that one tooth is so unstable it will have to be removed as the infection will continue to be a ongoing problem, so appointment made for the extraction and to have work started on a bottom plate, it is a fact of life I have been cursed with poor teeth, the good news was that the effects of multiple pain killers was starting to have an effect,

knowing I was going into town I brought the RO water container with me, and went to Kingfisheries in Croydon Road for some RO water, and by shear happenstance Steve was there being served by Graham, Steve ever so kindly gave me a lift home, 

where for myself it was upstairs to the man attic,

I had Christmas presents to wrap and Christmas cards to address,

just as I finished Diana arrived home from work, also it was time for our evening meal, first a read and a sherry,

followed by smoked mackerel and dry toast,

eyes down and tuck in,

for my main course almost hidden by steam,

I had a chicken biryani,

whilst shopping I saw some hazelnut a chocolate ice cream, I just had too!

I had brought down all of our Christmas village decorations, they look so cute with the room lights out, the room illuminated by just them and the tree,

meal finished and I was off to the club, past the tennis courts,

and to the club house, it was so cold outside, I meet Steve inside and we chatted the night away, Steve dropped me off at home, where I joined Diana watching a New Tricks before we were off to bed.


No comments: