Friday 16 April 2021

Diana Was At Work,

and I had a few things to do,


a walk out of the park,

and past Beckenham Green to the 227 bus stop, last week there were so many people here drinking, eating and chatting, today not a soul, all back to work I guess,

arriving in Bromley, a huge queue snaking around the corner of the Primark store,

lots of the open air market stalls now back,

the High Street looking as busy as it ever was,

this huge double sized stall always seems to be popular selling all manner of cloth and material,

my first port of call Daniels the jewellers, one of Diana's watches and one of mine needed a new battery, I also had one put into the one I was wearing, it was the same age of one that had already stopped, so it seemed a good idea to change it,

next which was almost next door, Lakeland, to exchange our two CO2 cylinders,

doing our bit to save the planet I dropped off two bags of used coffee pods, to the Nespresso recycling bay at the side of their sales stall, by now the watches were ready to be picked up, in no time I was back to Beckenham,

walking past the church towards,

Marks & Spencer's, I called in for a few bits and pieces for the weekend,

I always seem to buy far too much to carry, and today was no exception, making the carrying worse the sky looked like it would open up at any moment and pour with rain, luckily it was just a few drops as the storm cloud passed over head,

in the afternoon I popped upstairs to play with one of the infrared photographs I took when we went to Coombe Gardens, this is the image out of the normal camera,

this is the photograph from the infrared camera mounted next to the normal one, I have colour corrected it,

and added a lot more colour,

I next decided on a totally surreal look, but the tree tops looked a tad too dark,

so I made a few slight changes, and hey presto, a completely different look to the scene, 

I next played with the image in black and white,

although looking the same there are a few subtle differences, the bottom image a tad darker with a little more sharpness,

the difference might be easier to see in a side by side comparison, infrared is not everybody's cup of tea, but I like playing with the photographs I take to achieve some totally different looks to them, if you like infrared photography there are lots more of my infrared photographs here, after my evening meal I watched a Lewis, just before 11.00 in the evening Diana called so off to the bus stop and home where it was feet up for a coffee and a chat, and a wonderful program featuring many of the interviews that Peter Ustinov gave, who was known as 'being the most consistently funny raconteur of his time', great fun and with the end of that we were off to bed.


No comments: