Sunday 18 April 2021

The Day Started Out With Some Great News,

the NHS had written to me,


I should explain the NHS is the National Health Service, anyway good news the diabetic eye test I had a few weeks ago came back stating that I had no signs of diabetic eye disease, in the next letter from the NHS I was informed my bowel cancer screening test kit would be delivered in 2 weeks time, this is the second I will have had since moving back to the UK, onto today, as Diana was at work I decided to pop upstairs and play with a photograph from our last trip to Coombe Gardens, I chose the photograph above, white flowers, as it happens it was slightly out of focus in the normal camera, but in focus in the infrared camera,

the infrared takes two photographs of the same object, one in RAW and one as a JPEG, I chose the one as a JPEG, this is how it comes out of the camera,

 after colouring some of the flowers, I used a colour swapping program to produce this,

I removed some of the background detail,

and added a lot more colour,

and then took it all away for a black and white effect,

which I played with,

finishing up with a antique look that I like so much, I know playing with photographs like this is not to everyone's taste but I enjoy it,

I then watched Mein Führer, a German film dubbed with English and with subtitles, I was hoping it was going to be in a similar vein to Jojo Rabbit, but sadly it was not, it had its moments, but was a bit too dark and way out for my sense of humour,

by now it was quite late, so time for my evening read and a sherry,

for my starters, chicken pate with dry toast,

\
followed by chilli con carne,

to round off the meal a selection of 4 different types of grapes,

'Cheers!',

I read until just before 10,00 when Diana called, we made our way back to the park,

unfortunately this did not work at all, the tree was laden with white cherry blossoms and look quite nice but lack of light was its downfall, arriving hone it was feet up for a chat and a coffee, we watched a fascinating program about wild life in Cornwall, titled Wild Cornwall-Out on the Edge,

absolutely stunning, but then it was filmed by Ian Mccarthy, the photographer behind some of Sir David Attenborough's finest moments, then for us we were off to bed.


No comments: